Book Review "Carol Dweks Mindset"
why did I not know this years ago? Oh my Goodness!!!!
Listen up, folks of 2023. This is a long read and not for anyone, again if you are 45 years or younger, you fit waka, but my most loved folks likes to "know" by reading and manipulating their already held views about life, we 50 and above are rejuvenating our brains and trying to become successful as long as our brains and hearts are functional, we no dey slack, we are growing into health success in all areas. This is a long read.
One of the most influential discoveries of the decade is knowing we can grow into anything we want. I used to think that only those 6 feet tall could be CEOs and big business leaders, only Igbos could trade and be successful, Fulanis only could have animal farms, and Yorubas alone could work a white-collar jobs, become professors or successful bankers. Little did I know I was thinking wrong. See me oo I used to think that Only more brilliant and younger brains can write software codes or build fully interactive web assets. At 50 years and above, my friend learned and writes codes and funny he is about to exit a 5m dollar web startup.
Let me formally introduce this groundbreaking discovery laid out expertly by a darling and wonderful author in her book "Mindset" Carol Dweck, a prof and slow-talking expert on human psychology.
Bros them and Sist them Buy this book and consume all of it.
Please do not joke with your mindset; it unlocks the most significant potential that can grow you no matter your age. Just believe it after reading this book.
Carol Dweck's book "Mindset" offers a wealth of valuable insights, but here are some of the most impactful ones:
1. The power of beliefs: Dweck explains how our beliefs about our abilities and potential can greatly impact our actions and outcomes. Those with a growth mindset believe that their abilities can be developed through hard work and perseverance, while those with a fixed mindset believe that their abilities are set in stone.
2. The impact of praise: Dweck explores the impact of praise on motivation and performance. Praising someone for their effort and hard work can foster a growth mindset and increase motivation, while praising someone solely for their natural abilities can reinforce a fixed mindset and discourage effort.
3. The importance of challenges: Those with a growth mindset embrace challenges as opportunities for growth, while those with a fixed mindset see challenges as threats to their abilities. Dweck shows how embracing challenges and viewing failures as opportunities for growth can lead to greater success.
4. The role of mindset in achievement: Dweck's research demonstrates that a growth mindset is a key predictor of success in academics, sports, and other areas of life. By developing a growth mindset, individuals can achieve their full potential and reach their goals.
5. The impact of mindset on resilience: A growth mindset enables individuals to bounce back from setbacks and failures, while a fixed mindset can lead to discouragement and giving up in the face of challenges.
Overall, "Mindset" provides powerful insights into the role of mindset in shaping our lives and offers practical strategies for developing a growth mindset and reaching our full potential.
"Mindset" by Carol Dweck is a must-read for anyone looking to unlock their full potential and achieve their goals. This groundbreaking book delves into the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset, and how our beliefs about our abilities can shape our lives. Dweck's research and insights will inspire you to embrace a growth mindset and believe in the power of hard work and perseverance to achieve success. This book is a game-changer, providing practical tools and strategies to help you overcome obstacles and reach your goals. Don't miss out on the opportunity to transform your life – buy "Mindset" today!
Carol Dweck, Ph. D. Book is responsible for many changed habits
Book review by